Sunday, February 15, 2009

And basically the rest of my life

Funny thing about doing your laundry at 10:30AM on a Sunday: you see people around the apartment complex you might not see all the time.  For instance I saw my friend The Fence, who I hadn't seen since the first day of classes.  Though it wasn't anything more than just a hello, it was neat to just watch people's interactions through the court yard.  There are the people returning home from a long night out, people seeing the sun for the first time that day and sort of stumbling around like new born giraffes.  All fun sights to see to be sure.

A disturbing pattern has started happening over the past few weeks that I should be worried about, but will do the procrastinator's thing and ignore it, and this is that at the end of the day I have to loosen my belt a notch.  Now I am not fat, but on this particular pair of pants I am able to tighten my belt all the way, which doesn't work on my other jeans for one reason or another.  So I am not too worried, but when this level starts to feel tight I might be in trouble.

I have this week to apply for basically the rest of my life.  That sounds daunting, but...yeah, there is no real sugar coating on this.  I have to meet on Tuesday with my thesis advisor to decide which fellowship program to apply for to get grant money for the summer.  Not a big deal, accept that I want to go to field camp (an intense 4-6 field course for credit over the summer; highly recommended; lots of fun) and the only program that doesn't interfere with my brother's high school graduation is all of July, which is when all the grant programs are in full swing.  I am sure my advisor and I will be able to make the case for granting me an exception, but...I will remain cautiously optimistic.  Oh, and I have until the end of the month to apply for the masters program here at university.

So much fun to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment