Friday, March 13, 2009

Weirdest cold ever

So I have just gotten over this weird cold.  It started with some minor back ache on Sunday morning and a throat tickle.  I say tickle cause my throat wasn't really that sore and it didn't get really sore like when I have other colds.

Then Monday I had a really trippy dream, because I always have really trippy dreams when I get a cold.  But I woke up with intense lower back pain on my left side and had some runny nose issues, but by the end of the day I was right as rain and thought I had kicked the sucker.

But then Tuesday the congestion and gland swelling got worse.  

Same for Wednesday.  

Then Thursday I woke up with a real krink in the left side of my neck (which I still have a little bit of, but not so bad any more) and had a dry cough all day long.  It turns out it was a post nasal drip cough and here is how I found this out.  I had heard from a friend that you should take Musenex for a cough, because most cold related coughs are due to post nasal drip.  Of course, being me, I thought he was full of shit, but yesterday I took a Musenex during the day to help with my congestion and the cough stopped.  So then last night I took another to go to bed and slept like a babe.  So: Musenex for post nasal drip coughs!

But what made this cold so weird to me was the body aches and post nasal drip cough.  Most of my colds are sinus related, but this one seems to have been more body cold than just head cold.

Weird stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment