Friday, March 20, 2009

As Galactica sails into the sunset

Well kids, it's been a fun ride, but all good things must come to an end eventually.  Tonight was the series finale of Battlestar Galactica.  BSG has been one of the best shows I have ever watched.  I haven't been this saddened by the passing of show since..well, since I finished reading Watership Down, and that wasn't even a show!  It was fitting and gave a real sense of completeness.  A fan could ask nothing more from a show.  

But of course the real problem now becomes what do I do with my Friday nights?!  Clearly I will think of something.  For me though this has become a tradition: every Friday this season I have gone over to my friend The K/T Boundary's house and watched it with her and her husband, but now we won't have BSG!  So we will figure out something, it is just too much fun hanging out with them.

In other news being back at university has been super lame!  I forget the last time I was this unmotivated to do work, but I have made some progress: I have done some work on a lab that is due in 2 weeks, I have some papers set aside to read over for a paper I have due in 1 month, and I met with my thesis advisor to discuss more things for my thesis.  So I guess I have been doing some stuff.

In other news: nothing.  Life has been pretty boring.  

I ate some good chicken sausages for dinner last night.  Yay.  Go me?  But the eggplant parm I had to go with them was terrible.  Absolutely the worst thing I have ever had.  I would not have it again...unless I decided to give it a second chance.

I also saw "Knowing" with Nick Cage this afternoon with The Kart (he's back so I'm not so so alone) and it was interesting.  I would write a proper movie review, but I don't want to give away anything.  It was very interesting and worth watching.  Actually very interesting when paired with the end of BSG.  Makes one think that everything happens for a reason or something, huh?  But randomness versus determinism is for another blog post.

For a post that I didn't expect to write, this is acquiring some length.  Shall I keep going?

Oh, no Fantasy Garage today.  That is a job for Saturday Steve.  He will give you what you want.  I, however, am Friday Steve and I am shirking my responsibilities and giving them to Saturday Steve.  Sucks for you Saturday Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment