Saturday, March 21, 2009

Movie Review: Eagle Eye

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.  Not gonna lie.  It had action and suspense, the kind I haven't felt since...well this afternoon when I saw Knowing, but to keep it more with the genre, since Live Free or Die Hard.

The story centers around Jerry Shaw (Shia LaBeouf) as he is drawn into this conspiracy run through the country's electrical grid, cell phones, traffic cameras, etc.  He is called upon by a almost random female voice to perform tasks as she wills them to an end that...well to find that out you should see the movie.

This is an edge of your seat thriller in the same vein as the Die Hard series.  Fast paced, but with a story to keep it going.  LaBeouf is great as the 20-something lead, showing that he does have some depth beyond the teenager that he has played in Transformers and Indiana Jones.

I would highly recommend this movie for people who enjoy action movies.  One thing I found especially interesting about this film that is appearing more and more in popular culture is the single divorced parent.  The female lead (played by Michelle Monaghan) is a divorcee single mother.  This is common, as 50% (or more?) marriages end in divorce, but the rate at which it is being Incorporated into movies these days is remarkable!  And it isn't just movies.  I saw a commercial in which it is alluded that the father figure is single...I am guessing via divorce.  So just thought I would mention that since I found it interesting, but...yeah...action-suspence...good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment