Monday, March 9, 2009

Catching up on the good stuff

Like cars.  I spent most of the day reading up my two Car and Drivers that I have been neglecting and was reminded about why I subscribed to them in the first place.  Great in depth reviews of all the cars that are on the road or about to be.  But the best part about today is that I was able to get a bunch of new ideas for the ole Fantasy Garage.  I hadn't realized almost half of it was American, not that that is a bad thing, but I hadn't realized I loved big engines and muscular styling so much.  Actually, its mostly due to the fact that there are some real gems amid the coals and sand.  

So today I went with my mom to her boss's house to take care of his cats cause he's away on vacation.  Did I mention he owns a 1962-1963 Pontiac Tempest Le mans 2-door convertible?  Yeah, it is really pretty to look at.  But it is sitting underneath a bunch of crap in his garage.  I think it should be out cruising the streets.  Maybe he will be looking for someone like me to take it off his hands some time in the future?  Someone like me maybe?  Perhaps?  One can dream right?  My mother questions whether or not it would be right for me to have such a impractical car as my first, but it has a back seat and a trunk.  What more does one need?  I think it would be awesome to have, yet would set me back several thousand dollars which I don't know if I have (or will have) to part with.  Sounds like a good time to check my bank account...

No comments:

Post a Comment