Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Shots To Paradise

Yesterday was a particularly frustrating day in lab for multiple reasons. First, I didn't even want to be there. It was MLK Day and, like I said Sunday, it's a holiday and I didn't want to go into lab.

But then...

My lab mate was going to come in for work, so I didn't want to leave her here all alone, plus I hadn't seen her for a week. So I went it.

But then...

My advisor also came in. No big deal, I usually go days without ever seeing her, but I had sent her a short write-up of something I had worked on over the weekend and hadn't heard back from her.

But then...

She emailed me back to let me know that what I had done was not specific to her liking. You see she wants to use this machine to see if we can find out something that, in the literature, the machine has never done. So it's up to me to figure out what we expect to find, when no one has done it before, and when I don't know what we can find.

But then...

I had made a suggestion last week when we met about a possible use for the machine which she shot down then, but magically it is now an acceptable route of possible research.

But then...

She first had me find samples to be sent out to this guy so he can do this thing (so descriptive I am during this wonderfully cold/rainy morning). The problem was this guy wanted fresh samples so we had to go looking through all of them to find them.

And then...

I called it a day. It was after 5. I went home. Poured myself two shots of whiskey. Knocked them both back in rapid succession. Grabbed a beer. Sat myself down in front of the TV.

And then...proceeded to have a wonderfully pleasant evening. I even had a dream about driving a 2012 Mustang Boss 302. It twas a good evening indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment