Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolve To Be Resolute Resistive

One of my New Years resolutions was to create and stick to a budget so I wouldn't piss money away like I've been doing for the last 6 months.

So I made my budget and if I stick too it I won't necessarily be saving very much...at all, but I'll at least I won't be spending more than I'm making, which is the real goal.

The problem with my budget is that i mentally feel I must spend all of the money in each of the allotted categories. This is an issue because saving money is still the main goal of this whole shin-dig.

So last night I bought my booze...for the month. It was a very impulsive trip to the liquor store because I felt compelled to spend what I had budgeted, but at the same time I shouldn't spend everything in the budget, since the money I don't spend just stays with me and makes me lose less every month.

Moral of the story: I bought a lot of beer and am starting to think I should buy what I need when I need it rather than preparing for a second coming of prohibition every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment