Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meat And Sleep, Or The Lack There Of

This was a meat heavy weekend and I am so totally ok with that.

It started Friday. Casual drinks to celebrate a professor's birthday aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand burgers. Hooray bar food! It was actually pretty good and you can't argue good beer.

But doing burgers on Friday meant I had to do ribs on Saturday! Such a difficult life. I found this recipe online that called for 2 hours of slow cooking and then 30 min of high heat with BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's) and it was to die for. Clearly there isn't too much to this whole cooking tasty meat thing, otherwise I would be waaaaaay less satisfied with my meals.

And then of course...there was...today. Sunday. Football Sunday. I had prepared for this day. Two large pizzas and four pounds of wings (2 BBQ, 2 General Tso's). It was truly epic and I will probably be constipated for days due to lack of vegetable food-stuffs in this weekend's diet.

And now a humorous story: I was fraught with two choices last night. One of them, the safe one and the one I thought I should choose. The other, the adventurous one, and the one I thought I shouldn't choose...it was also the one I wanted to do.

Both choices were equally available; like sitting at a table with an apple and an orange and trying to decide which to eat. The problem was my moral compass was spinning as if I were standing on the North Pole about whether the adventurous choice was indeed an ok one to make.

So I phoned a friend. And her boyfriend picked up. And I said I was having a moment of morale ambiguity and needed some advice. To which he responded, and I love him for it, "Oh dude, you don't wanna talk to me. I'd probably give you terrible advice!" To which I responded, "That's why I didn't call you and called your girlfriend instead!"

Gotta love your friends, they're usually better at justifying things that you want to do than you are and they usually have your best interests in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment