Monday, January 19, 2009

Fantasy Garage

The folks over at Jalopnik have for some time now been running a "Fantasy Garage."  It seems that any self-proclaimed car nut has one in their head, and it is through these that we start to get a picture of each other.  Some go for vintage German cars like the first Prosche 911 model, others classic pre-War cars of the 30's and 20's, and still others will fill their chock full of every exotic that has been on the market for the last decade.

I'm going to take a slightly different approch.  Though these lists always have excellent cars, they tend to lean heavy on the "fantasy" side of the spectrum.  For example: sure everyone would have a Mclaren F1 LM in their fantasy garage, but how would one go about doing that?  As such, I am going to bring the fantasy a little bit closer to earth by placing a total price cap for the garage.

Let us say...$500,000.00?  A nice round number, but then i could have two quarter million dollar cars and call it a day...so the additional catch is that there always has to be at least 10 cars in the garage (the magic number for all lists).  To make sure I don't cheat I'll pull prices direct from the company websites and I will be honest with my self and get the options I want, because no one needs matching lugage with their Bentley Continental Flying Spur, but you sure do want them!

I'll pick the cars on Fridays and after ten weeks...well, let's get there first!

No comments:

Post a Comment