Friday, January 23, 2009

Fanatsy Garage: Corvette

Car: 2009 Corvette
Options: Z51 Performance Package, Dual Mode Exhaust
Price after options: $52, 305

First car in the garage is American!  Who woulda guessed?  But seriously folks, the Corvette is the real deal.  In terms of bang for your buck, a phrase that is used world over to describe the Corvette, you can't do much better.  436 hp and 428 lb-feet of torque for around 50k, and probably less in this economy.

I admit I was tempted to go with the Z06 model, but with the two option boxes I checked, the extra expense just didn't make sense.  This car turns my head every time I see it on the highway or around town.  I feel it is such an improvement, design wise, over the C5 Corvette.  It was, is, and will always be one of the most iconic American sports cars ever.

Not to mention that I would totally use it as a daily driver.  Sporting the most advanced Chevy small block V8 in history, this car will easily return mpg's in the mid-twenties and still tear it up on the track during the day and cruise the main drive at night.

Money left in "Fantasy Garage Account": $447, 695

No comments:

Post a Comment