Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And then life sucked a little less

So I just found out today that the paper I thought was due April 14th is actually due May 5th.  How awesome is that?!  I was really not looking forward to blasting through a data/research intensive paper in a week.  Many late nights spent analyzing data...it would've been bad.  Now I can do it in a more relaxed pace over the course of the month.

For this paper I have due Friday, a lot of it has to do with medicine and government groups dealing with medicine among other things and it reminded me of something that has always bothered me.  You know in commercials for prescriptions drugs they always warn that "women who are pregnant, nursing, or may become pregnant should not take ____", right?  Well what does "women who may become pregnant" mean?  Isn't that all post-pubescent pre-menopausal non-sterile women?  You know...most of the female population?  This is always something that has bugged me.  Some people have said, "Well Steve, if a woman recently had sex that could lead to a pregnancy then that is the type of woman who should stay away from it."  But that is such a wishy-washy answer!  So if you are a woman and you have unprotected sex and are not using any sort of birth control then don't take it?  That seems like a very unique and random sliver of the female population, not to say that most of the female population isn't also a awkwardly large group to choose.  Clearly this will just be something that I just shouldn't worry about since I am a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment