Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This week is all about me bitching

I hate working on a reading for a long time, barely understanding it as you're going along, only to have the professor send out the reading response questions and have none of them be clearly answered by the reading you have been struggling all day to understand.  

So, now I'm going to start another reading based on one of the reading response questions that I think will be more easily answered/more straight forward.

This is something I don't like about sociological and philosophical and metaphysical readings: they are operating at a level so far above me about things I take for granted every single day.  Which is like (this is probably the most famous analogy) talking to a fish about water.  Granted the sciences are the same thing, but for systems and the vocabulary is completely different!  In my Science and Technology Studies readings they use words that already exist and just give them different meanings!  What is that?!  Or...bah.  I am just frustrated that I really don't understand this reading and should stop blogging and move on to another one.

I guess I will just go to class on Friday (I know, it IS shocking for me to be doing readings in advance) and just say, "I found the reading to be very dense and difficult to understand.  I don't know if I am interpreting this correctly, but I think the author was trying to say this..."  I feel that I'll be alright if I say that.

Phewwwwww........ok, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment