Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hahaha, what a great night

So this week I have been...off, but on the other hand I will leave that for another post!

Now we are going to shit gears *manual-stick-shift-motion*.  Tonight was awesome!  And by awesome I mean the lead tag on this should be: party, and nothing else!

So I was at the university sports grill, picking up dinner with my brother (a dinner I never finished, by the way) and I see JWB with his roommate and he stops me and tells me he is going to a movie and that it is an open invitation.  WELL!  After last night I jumped at the opportunity to do something social with people and my brother.  We go to see Adventureland (review not pending, it was good, go see it) and my brother, being the dumb ass that he is, gets hopped up on caffeine from drinking caffeinated soda and asks to leave.  I heard, "I'll go stand over there."  So then end of the movie rolls around and he is no where to be found.  I'm freaking the fuck out and for good reason: I just lost my brother at 10PM on a Saturday.  Luckily he was just sitting in the lobby playing his DS.  But he didn't have his cell phone with him so all the calls I made went unanswered.  And he blames me for him not having his cell phone.  I, apparently, rushed him out of my apartment too fast.  Whatever.  Everything was ok and we got back and hung out with JWB and all was well.

Then the boy felt that a movie and a concert would be "too much" and that he "wasn't me" and "couldn't handle the late nights yet" because he wasn't in college.  So, he stayed behind and I went out.  No big deal: he had his game and I had the world as my oyster!  

So I went with JWB to a ska concert at one of the frats here at university.  It is actually a "literary society", but anything with Greek letters is a frat...so it is a frat.  But it was GREAT!!!  I let my hair down (usually i have it parted and swept back) and rocked out!  I was dancing like I haven't done in a long time.  It was so much fun.  I am at a loss at how to articulate how great it was to just dance and enjoy the music.

Afterwards, I met up with The Old Friend, which was great since I didn't want to just go right to bed.  We hung out and compared notes on how our nights went and got to see each other and breathe for a bit, which was nice.

And now I am back here, in the apartment, writing this.  And tomorrow (later today) I will write more about what this post was going to be about when I first thought about writing.

Great night!

:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment