Monday, November 9, 2009

For want of an autumn breeze

I had fun Saturday night.

Went to see a show with my girlfriend which was a feature of one of my university's graduates and her band. Good music, nothing particularly unique, but very enjoyable to listen too. It had been pegged as more jazz club type music, but it turned out to be a more indie-jazz-rock type of gig. She was wonderful, the band was great...but the music was kind of generic.

Afterwards we went back to my campus house to meet up with my house mate Eric and his girlfriend Kate to play some Hearts and await the arrival of other friends to drink with and then go out to enjoy the night.

That was the general idea, but we ended up playing, after a few drinks, that favorite game of our childhood: Truth or Dare. Nothing too exciting and we ended up watching Planet Earth and going to bed around midnight.

My mother always told me never to mix drinks because that would always lead to the worst hangovers. So I woke up Sunday felling a little...tender. In all truth I've felt much worse, what I really wanted though was to walk outside and get a blast of cold New England air. Instead i was greeted with 72 degree temperatures and sunshine.

All I wanted was to be cold, but clearly global warming decided to laugh in my face. Luckily I was able to receive my respite at 6pm when the sun had finally gone down.

Now I know some people, like my girlfriend, are summer children and need their warmth and sunshine. I too enjoy a good warm day as much as the next person, but have you ever wanted to be cold? I don't mean near hypothermia, skin turning blue cold, but just a bit chilled, a cold breeze in your face, that feeling of the cold slowly reaching through every open stitch of your clothes and pushing away the warmth.

I wanted it and was over joyed when I finally got my breeze.

Oh, and I played with a bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment